The Issues feature an annual directory of the region’s ‘Most Influential & Powerful Black Professionals’ and celebrates ‘Power Couples’
Hollywood, Fla.- (April 21, 2023) – Legacy Miami and Legacy South Florida magazines are the region’s authoritative publications of record documenting the progress and success of South Florida’s affluencers and influencers. The Legacy audience can depend on the publications to deliver information that helps them manifest their professional, business, and lifestyle dreams. The publishers are pleased to release the annually awaited and acclaimed 2023 classes of the Most Influential and Powerful Black Professionals for Miami and South Florida, respectively. The honorees are profiled in the Power issues inserted in the Miami Herald and Sun-Sentinel that hit newsstands on Sunday, April 23. The magazines also feature the “Power Couples” section.
“Legacy applauds our honorees. Their dedication and tireless efforts to improve the lives of others throughout South Florida are truly inspiring. Their impact extends far beyond their personal achievements and success, as they continue to create opportunities and shape the future of our communities,” said Russell Motley, Associate Publisher, and Editor-in-Chief, of Legacy Magazine. “We are inspired by their commitment to making a difference in the world, and we encourage each honoree to continue using their influence and power to uplift and support those around them. Their contributions not only demonstrate their leadership and dedication but also serve as an inspiration to all of us.”
These issues also feature special honorees who have leveraged their careers and reputation to elevate the South Florida civic and corporate communities.
“As Sonshine celebrates 30 years of providing quality, substance, creativity, and style to our clients nationwide, we are ever-so-grateful to Legacy and the MIA Media Group for this incredible honor,” said Bernadette Morris, Founder & CEO – The Morris Group, Inc., dba Sonshine Communications and recipient of Legacy Miami’s Company of the Year. “In addition, I am personally thankful for my family, colleagues, friends, and my dedicated corporate team. Each of you makes it all worthwhile.”
“It is not often that I find myself speechless, but this is one of those rare times. I’ve had many accomplishments over my 30-year career, but to be recognized by Legacy Magazine as South Florida’s Corporate Executive of the Year, is probably the single most meaningful recognition of my career,” said Stephanie Jones, President, Technology Business Unit, Convey Health Solutions, and Legacy Miami’s Corporate Executive of the Year. “As a native of Miami (Allapattah/Liberty City), I accept this honor with pride, and I hope to do more in the coming years to progress South Florida forward.”
“We are proud to partner with MIA Media Group in honoring the most powerful and influential Black leaders in business in South Florida. By amplifying the success, achievements, and contributions of this community, we are not only bringing residents together, we also strengthen economic development for all,” Alberto Ibargüen, president of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Legacy readers do not want to miss this issue.
MIAMI SPECIAL HONOREES:
Company of the Year: Sonshine Communications
Business Person of the Year: Jeff Lozama, CEO, CMS International Group
Emerging Business Leader of the Year: Roshell Rinkins, Chief DEI Officer and Vice President of Grants Administration, John S., and James L. Knight Foundation
Not-for-Profit Organization of the Year: Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce
Luminary of the Year: Dr. Rudolph Moise, Physician, and CEO, Comprehensive Health Center
Public Official of the Year: Oliver G. Gilbert, III, Chairman, Miami-Dade County Board of County Commissioners
Institution of the Year: Miami-Dade County
Corporate Executive of the Year: Stephanie Jones, President, Technology Business Unit, Convey Health Solutions
Corporate Executive Community Advocate of the Year: Russell Benford, Vice President, Government Relations, Royal Caribbean Group
SOUTH FLORIDA SPECIAL HONOREES:
Company of the Year: Figgers Communications
Business Person of the Year: Warren Thompson, CEO and Chairman, Thompson Hospitality
Emerging Business Leader of the Year: Zahara Queliz, Operating Partner, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar
Not-for-Profit Organization of the Year: The Links, Incorporated–North Broward County Chapter
Luminary of the Year: Dr. Rosalind Osgood, State Senator, Florida District 32
Public Official of the Year: Honorable Maxine Cheesman, Judge, Florida’s 15th Judicial Circuit
Institution of the Year: The Palm Beach Post
Corporate Executive of the Year: Thais R. Sullivan, Senior Vice President, Valley Bank
Corporate Executive Community Advocate of the Year: Ainsworth Andrew Clarke, Vice President-Network Relations, Fiserv
For more information on Legacy Miami and South Florida magazines, please contact Jordan B.D. Polite at 305-412-9600 extension 707 or [email protected].
About Legacy Magazine
Established in 2004, Legacy Miami and Legacy South Florida are news/business publications serving South Florida’s black professional community with insightful articles and information on business, careers, politics, lifestyle, culture, and social commentary. The magazines are distributed throughout South Florida via partnerships with the Miami Herald and the Sun-Sentinel. For more information, log on to www.miamediagrp.com.
Legacy Miami’s Most Influential & Powerful Black Professionals of 2022:
- Andre Addison, CEO & President, Prodigy Connexus
- Marlene Bastien, Commissioner, Miami Dade County – District 2
- Hannibal N. Burton, Director of Auxiliary Services/Chairman, Miami Dade College – Auxiliary Services / Miami Dade Economic Advocacy Trust
- Eulois Cleckley, Director, and CEO, Miami-Dade County Department of Transportation and Public Works
- Metris Batts-Coley, Chief Operating Officer, Dunns Josephine Hotel
- Dr. David Davis, Research Assistant Professor of Neurology, Associate Director, University of Miami Brain Endowment Bank
- Dr. Alix Desulme, Mayor, City of North Miami
- Eunice Diona, Director, Olive Tree Academy
- Patrick Ductant, Entrepreneur
- Darryll J. Green, President and General Manager, CBS Miami
- Daniel-Christopher Neil Hall, President, The Hall Group
- Dr. Jaffus Hardrick, President, Florida Memorial University
- Rodney B. Herenton, Co-CEO, Channing Capital Management, LLC
- Dr. Yvette M. Holmes, Visionary, The AMARA Woman
- Rodney W. Jacobs Jr., J.D., M.P.A., M.P.H, Executive Director/Captain, City of Miami/United States Army
- Stephanie Jones, President, Technology Business Unit, Convey Health Solutions
- Constance Jones, Morning News Anchor, NBC 6 WTVJ-TV
- Shavon Jones, Founder & EVP, Market Relationships, Sales for Lawyers
- Marck K. Joseph, Family Law Attorney & Founder, The Joseph Firm, P.A.
- Commissioner Michael Joseph, Commission Liaison,Code Enforcement Board, Public Utilities Commission and the Education Committee, North Miami Beach
- Jeffrey T King, RN, MBA, MSN, COO & EVP 24 Hour Programs, Banyan Community Health Center
- Sylvester King, Jr., CEO/Sr Consultant, FAB Consulting Solutions, LLC
- Monica Kirkland, Director of Creative Services, CBS Miami
- Gordon Eric Knowles, President & CEO, Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce
- Jeff Lozama, President & CEO, CMS International Group Corp
- Andre Luck, Vice President, Ticket Sales & Service, Miami Marlins
- Emeril McCutcheon, Human Performance Movement Specialist, Live In Motion (Movement & Wellness Collective)
- Kim Miller, Vice President, Human Resources, Miami Dolphins, Hard Rock Stadium & Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix
- Dr. Rudolph Moise, Cosmetic Physician, Comprehensive Medical Aesthetics
- Charisma Helene Montfort, Chief Procurement Officer, Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Clora Nelson, CEO, McMullen Opportunity Center, Inc.
- Dr. Saliha Nelson, CEO, URGENT, Inc.
- Krystal Patterson, Director, City of North Miami
- Kenasha Paul, J.D., Founder and CEO, Black Professionals Network
- Dr. Oneil Joseph Pyke, Chief Medical Officer, Jackson North Medical Center
- Trelvis D. Randolph, Esq., Attorney at Law, Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A.
- Roshell R. Rinkins, Chief DEI Officer and Vice President/Grants Administration,
- John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- Sandra Saint-Hilaire, MBA, Executive Director, Miami-Dade County Legislative Delegation – Miami-Dade County
- Anike Sakariyawo, Executive Director, S.E.E.K Foundation, Inc.
- Marcus Sandifer, Esq., General Counsel, V.P. Business and Legal Affairs and Corporate Secretary, Celsius, Inc.
- Dr. Azizi Seixas, Interim Chair, Department of Informatics and Health Data Science; Founding Director of The Media and Innovation Lab, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Troy Simmons, Multimedia Artist, PINKVODI LLC
- Lasana Smith, MCM, Founder and CEO, GAROI Media
- Mary Spio, CEO & FOUNDER, CEEK Metaverse
- Shannon S. Thomas, Owner , Ice Cream Heaven
- Nadege Vilsaint, CEO, Prosperity Social & Community Development Group, Inc
- Rickelle Williams, Assistant City Manager, City of Miami Beach
- James Wilson, Jr., Investor/ CEO, DJW Essential Oils
- Heather Woolery-Lloyd, MD, Director, Skin of Color Division, Dr. Phillip Frost, Department of Dermatology & Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Jorge Wright, District Director, Office of Economic Opportunity
Miami Dade County Public Schools
Legacy South Florida’s Most Influential & Powerful Black Professionals of 2022:
- Dr. Khalilah Camacho Ali, Humanitarian Author Actor
- Blake C. Anderson, Personal Chef, Chef Ice LLC
- Tikea Bowers MSN, RN, Registered Nurse, Bee Luxe Med Spa
- Dr. Santarvis Brown, Leadership, Healthcare, Operations Management Program Manager, Cornell University – eCornell
- Veronica D. Brown, Chief Operating Officer, YWCA South Florida, Inc.
- Felicia Chambers, LCSW, Owner/Therapist, Quiet Chambers Solutions
- Judge Maxine Dianne Cheesman, Circuit Judge, 15th Judicial Circuit
- Ainsworth Andrew Clarke, Vice President Network Relations, Fiserv
- Altheresa Clark, LCSW, Therapist, Inspire4Purpose, LLC
- Camila Clarke, Sr. Vice President, Marketing & Communications, Visit Lauderdale
- Michele Collie, Senior Vice President/Director of CRA, City National Bank of Florida
- LaPria Davis, CEO/ Entrepreneur, Davis Dynasty Resources
- Kurt Dyer, SVP of Operations, Lemartec
- Dr. Jeremy Earle, City Manager/CRA Executive Director, City of Hallandale Beach
- Kaysia M. Earley, Esq., Attorney, Earley Law Firm
- Jonathan E. Evans, City Manager, City of Riviera Beach
- Freddie Figgers, President/CEO, Figgers Communications
- Dr. Rashondia Williams Gaines, Dentist/Associate Professor/Entrepreneur , Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
- Darnell Gardener, Sr., Vice President of Business Development, Megen Construction
- Shauna Fennell Hawkins, President/COO, ECF Engineering Consultants
- Gail McRae Husband, Insurance Broker, GA McRae Enterprises
- Andre Kay, CEO/Founder, Sociallybuzz, Inc.
- Dhaima Lindo, Owner/CEO, Zenith Investment Group, LLC
- Alexis Lockhart, CEO, Police Athletic League – West Palm Beach
- Chief Russ Mager, Chief of Police, Delray Beach Police Department
- Ida Velekia McFadden, Sr. Director of Operations, Fiserv
- Fabie Modernique, Project Management, Modernique Co.
- Jimmy Moise, Business Owner /Event Producer
- Dr. Angela Lucas Mumford, President, Broward County (FL) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated
- Telena Paris, CEO, Write Choice Consulting Firm
- Corey G. Patterson, Managing Partner, Lashbrook, Fasano, & Patterson, PA
- Zahira Queliz , Operating Partner, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Samantha Ramnarine, Business Owner & Motivational Speaker, Car Accident Referral Services & Diversity MRI
- Cresha Reid, President & CEO, South Florida Institute on Aging
- Charles “Chuck” Ridley
- Colleen M. Robbs, Director, Equal Business Opportunity Office, Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County
- Dr. Deeawn Roundtree, CEO, Roundtree Training & Consulting
- Susan Smallwood, CEO, Grandiosity Events
- Desorae Giles-Smith, City Manager, City of Lauderhill
- Shea Spencer, CEO, YWCA of Palm Beach County
- Shandra Stringer, CEO, Grassroots Consulting, Inc.
- Farida Taylor, Senior Manager of Supplier Diversity, Spirit Airlines, Inc.
- Warren Thompson, President and CEO, Thompson Hospitality
- Samuel D. Trotman, President, SpectrumHaven, LLC
- Dr. Kishma Victor, President and Chief Clinical Officer, Independent Medical Group
- Ameerah Murray-Whitaker, VP of Advanced Plan Administration, Convey Health Solutions
- Kimba Williams, MBA, CEO, KUSHAE
- Ivan Yaeger, CEO, The Yaeger Companies